Friday, April 4, 2008

Fly Jetstar Asia, Air Asia, and Penguin Ferry

I live in Semarang, Indonesia and currently studying for my master degree in Taiwan. In the winter vacation (Jan 2008) I went home for a cheap budget. Here the detail :

From Taiwan to Singapore I used Jetstar Asia for 6551 NT$ return (1 NT$ = 285 Rupiah). The aircraft taken off from Taoyuan International Airport Terminal 1 at 18.25 (Taipei time) and landed on Changi International Airport Singapore on 23.05 (no time difference between Taiwan and Singapore). So I stay at Changi before take ferry to Batam, Indonesia in the morning.

From Changi, I toke MRT to Harbour Front. From terminal 1 Changi, you can take skytrain (free) to terminal 2, and going down to Changi MRT station. The fare for one way from Changi to Harbour front is 2.8 SG$ (1 SG$ = 6550 rupiah).

From Harbour Front, I toke Penguin Ferry to Batam Centre, Indonesia. The fare was 45 SG$ return (1 SG$ = 6550 rupiah). The journey toke 1 hour. Since there is a difference time between Singapore and Batam, it takes no different time when I arrived in Batam Centre, Indonesia. For my case, I toke ferry on 08.40 and arrived to Batam Centre on 08.40 also.

From Batam Centre to Hang Nadim International Airport, you can take taxi. The fare is 80,000 rupiah. But my friend has picked me, so I can save my money.

From Hang Nadim International Airport at Batam, I toke AirAsia to Soekarno Hatta International Airport in Jakarta. The fare was 615,800 rupiah return. The airport tax in Hang Nadim was 30,000 rupiah. The journey toke 1,5 hours from Batam to Jakarta.

From Jakarta airport you can take train or plane to Semarang. I was toke AdamAir to Ahmad Yani International Airport in Semarang for only 230,000 rupiah one way. The airport tax in Jakarta airport was 30,000 rupiah.

So, if I count my journey from Taiwan - Singapore - Batam - Jakarta - Semarang (return), it toke only 3,315,925 rupiah including airport taxes. If I take direct flight from Taiwan - Jakarta - Semarang (return), it will be a significant differences. The normal fare is 12,000 NT$ (3,420,000 rupiah). Let's say you get a cheap one, plus AdamAir ticket from Jakarta - Semarang return (460,000 rupiah; it's very cheap), plus local airport taxes in Jakarta and Semarang (2 X 30,000 rupiah), plus international airport tax (cause you directly exit from Jakarta by plane, the tax is 100,000 rupiah). So total cost is 4,040,000 rupiah. So, there is a significant differences of 724,075 rupiah.

2 comments:

Osmand said...

hoo...is that so....? :p

Budhi Kristianto said...

it's cheap i think... with good services....